Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I am a Gun Owner!

There has been alot of debate going on about guns lately hasn't there? What with the Senate not passing the stronger background check bill. YAY! Another thing I didn't like about this bill was it would have taken the right to sale or give guns to someone else. If I wanted to give my brother one of my guns as a present I wouldn't have been able to without first going through a background check and him also. I know my brother, I know he is not a fellon and doesn't have any mental disability that would keep him from owning a gun. So if I decided I would like him to have my SKS I should be able to give it to him!

I actually have no problem with background checks for gun ownership I think it is a necessity. That way not just anyone can walk into a Gun Shop and buy a gun. I however do not like people infringing on my rights as a Proud American Women! I am sure I will have some readers that are anti-gun and that is your right, that is the great thing about this country. I think there are some misunderstandings about the second amendment though. Contrary to what the current administration would have you believe, the Second Amendment was not put into place to protect your right to hunt. When the second amendment was written and passed Hunting was an everyday thing. EVERYONE hunted, that is how they got there meat to live on. You couldn't just go down the street to the supermarket and have a whole wall of meat to choose from. So NO that is not what the Second Amendment is for. The Second Amendment protects us from a corrupt government. So if there every comes a time where we need to protect ourselves from a corrupt Government, the Second Amendment protects us and our RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!

Here is another thought for you. So now that we know what the Second Amendment is, don't you think we should be able to own anything that is in possession by our government? I know some people who are not anti-gun, but have stated to me before that they think that there is no reason for us as US citizens to own an Assault Rifle. We'll here is what I think, if the Government has it we should be able to. If that time comes when we need to defend ourselves, I know I don't want to be going up against guys with AR's when I have a shotgun or a 9mm. We wouldn't stand a chance! So yes I think we should be able to own anything that government does, because it is our Second Amendment right to bear arms. So that we can protect ourselves from a corrupt government if we ever have to.

So tell me what are your thoughts on this subject? Did the clarification of the fact that the Second Amendment is to protect our freedoms and not our right to hunt make you think a little more?

If you agree with me, write congress! Write those that voted to pass the bill (that thankfully was not passed).

I just love this meme! It is from Girls with Guns!


No comments:

Post a Comment